Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shahriarazizaakash
Journeyman III

RX 6600 causes desktop to freeze after a little gaming

Hello,

I just bought a new RX 6600 and it's been amazing so far for about a month or so. But since yesterday I've started to see random crashes when I'm playing heavy titles like rdr2 or ac origins etc. Screen blacks out and PC is totally unusable. Forced to restart using the restart button of the case.

Other games like valorant doesn't cause this issue. I edit videos, rendering videos doesn't cause this issue. 

I've tried updating bios for my motherboard. I've tried underclocking the GPU. I've updated the driver to latest adrenaline one. I've tried running the games on lowest possible settings. But eventually my PC freezes and I'm forced to restart it. 

Specs -

i5 8600K

ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming

RX 6600 Gigabyte Eagle 

16 GB (8*2) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 MHz RAM

SSD+HDD storage 

750 watt 80+ gold bitfenix PSU

I really badly need some help fixing this. I'm becoming frustrated because of this. So thank you very much in advance if you know how to solve this.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Paan
Adept III

Hi, Did u install new feature from windows 11 update COPILOT. What is your AMD Radeon Version. so far affected driver is 23.9.3. If u using this driver make sure u roll back to 23.9.1 driver by using DDU program. and disable COPILOT in Group Policy. I hope this help.

0 Likes

Just rolled back. Tried to play a game. Didn't help. Any other suggestions?

It's not happening with Valorant. It's not happening with video rendering. Just games like rdr2, ac origins, cs2 etc.

0 Likes

Are u using default profile. No oc?

0 Likes