Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AMDgpuuser
Journeyman III

RX 580 Skipping BIOS Screen and Jumping Straight to Windows Login

Hello,

I’m experiencing an issue with my AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GPU. Here are the details:

System Configuration:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F
  • Motherboard: ASRock H470M-HVS
  • RAM:  16GB x2 8GB 2666 MHz
  • PSU:  700W -  575 W
  • Current GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
  • Previous GPU: NVIDIA GT 710 (working fine with the system)

Issue Description:

When I install the RX 580 and power on the system, it skips the BIOS/UEFI screen and jumps straight to the Windows login screen. This issue does not occur with the GT 710, which works correctly and displays the BIOS screen as expected.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. Re-seated the RX 580: Ensured it is properly seated in the PCIe slot.
  2. Checked Power Connections: Verified all necessary power connectors are securely attached to the RX 580.
  3. BIOS Settings: Confirmed that the BIOS settings are configured to use PCIe for the primary display. Disabled Fast Boot and reset BIOS settings to default.
  4. Tested in Another System: The RX 580 exhibits the same behavior when tested in a different system.
  5. Updated BIOS: Ensured that the motherboard BIOS is up-to-date.
  6. Clean Installation of Drivers: Attempted a clean installation of AMD drivers using DDU and the latest drivers from AMD’s website.
  7. Checked for Hardware Conflicts: Disconnected non-essential peripherals and tested different resolutions and refresh rates.

Request for Assistance:

I’m seeking assistance to resolve this issue. Could there be a compatibility problem with the RX 580 and the Intel Core i3-10100F or the motherboard? Are there any additional troubleshooting steps I should take or specific settings I need to check?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

0 Replies