cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

eXpurge
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT OUT OF RANGE

Hi. So, I bought a Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse, and when I installed it in my PC and connected it to my monitor via HDMI, it doesn't display an image. I only see the message "Out of range." It doesn't show any image, not even the BIOS. I've tried removing the card and setting the resolution to below 75Hz (my monitor's default), but it started freezing and shutting down my PC. It got to the point where another video card I had, which never had any issues, also started freezing and shutting down. I installed the drivers for it using the SCREEN READER with the screen OFF, but it didn't help either. Has anyone experienced this? Can you provide any suggestions on what might be happening and how to resolve it?

1 Reply
DipakJ27
Adept III

I've heard of this issue before, and it seems to be a common problem with some RX 5700 XT cards. The "Out of range" error typically occurs when the monitor cannot handle the resolution or refresh rate that the graphics card is trying to output.

There are a few things you can try to fix this problem:

1. Make sure your monitor is set to the correct resolution and refresh rate.
  2. You can usually find this information in the monitor's manual or by checking the manufacturer's website.
  3. Try using a different HDMI cable.
  4. Some HDMI cables are not compatible with high-resolution or high-refresh-rate displays.
  5. Update your graphics card drivers.
  6. AMD often releases driver updates that fix compatibility issues.
  7. You can download the latest drivers from AMD's website.
  8. Try resetting the BIOS.
  9. This can sometimes fix software-related issues that are causing the "Out of range" error.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact AMD for support. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or replace your graphics card.

In the meantime, you can try connecting your monitor to your computer using a different port, such as VGA or DVI. This may allow you to use your computer until you can find a solution to the "Out of range" error.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes