cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

braddo
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Cold War Stuttering and Errors

I've been playing Black Ops Cold War since the initial release and I've been running into constant problems with it ever since. I have the XFX 5700 XT and it can run the game easily with every setting set to ultra or high (110-200fps) but I keep running into a fatal error from the game where it kicks me to my desktop and if I try to do anything on my desktop it black screens and says there was an unexpected system failure. While in the game for around the first 20-30 minutes the game runs flawlessly and there are no performance issues at all. After that time frame it runs into constant stuttering every couple seconds. I just simply restart my pc and get back in the game and it seems to run good for another half an hour or so. I thought it could be the temperature of the card so I watched the temps while I was in game, but the temperature never made it over 79 Celsius. I tried lowering literally every setting in the game all the way to low or off just to see what it does and obviously it changes the fps to around 250-300 but I still experience stuttering around the same time. FPS never seemed to be the problem its just the stuttering and error codes. My drivers are up to date and I haven't messed with the initial settings for the card since I've gotten it. Is this just the performance issues for the game since it was recently released or is it my card?

0 Likes
1 Reply
rainingtacco
Challenger

Try lowering core clock a little. It might be too high factory OC. 

0 Likes