cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ShaneTS1991
Journeyman III

RDR2 Issue

So I have an Radeon RX 6950 XT and Ive been getting this issue in Red Dead Redemption 2 where I'll be playing for a while and then the screen flicks to green and my PC reboots. Now I seen one other post about this but there was not a clear solution, I'm wondering if anyone had this issue with a possible fix. I play the game on ultra and runs super smooth, no lag at a pretty constant 60 fps, until theres this random reboot, no other game I play does this which is weird.

Any help here would be great

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShaneTS1991
Journeyman III

Ok, just to clear things up I figured out the issue. Windows performance settings were at High Performance which I was unaware of. Needless to say everything works flawlessly now, played for more than 2 hrs no issue at all. So basically don't play high end games on High Performance mode else your system will red line and shut off lol!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

If i'm not mistaken it seems like your memory could possibly be getting too hot. have you tried lowering the quality of the game and playing for a while so your graphics card isn't working full load drawing max power, etc to see if that helps?

I would also monitor your temps of your gpu and cpu and manually adjust your fan curve. 

are you running a stable OC?

it would help knowing the parts in your PC.

0 Likes
ShaneTS1991
Journeyman III

Ok, just to clear things up I figured out the issue. Windows performance settings were at High Performance which I was unaware of. Needless to say everything works flawlessly now, played for more than 2 hrs no issue at all. So basically don't play high end games on High Performance mode else your system will red line and shut off lol!

0 Likes

Having the same issue , so your saying I gotta put settings on low to stop my computer from restarting , this not what I would call a solution 

0 Likes