cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

College
Journeyman III

Need help with Asrock OC Formula RX6950xt graphics card

So I just recently got a Asrock OC Formula RX6950xt and all I did was take my previous graphics card out of the PCIE graphics card slot which was a Asrock Phantom Gaming RX6800xt and plugged in the Asrock RX 6950xt graphics card and I made sure all the PCIE 3x8 pin that was plugged into the graphics card and 24pin that was plugged into the motherboard was all plugged in correctly and that the power supply cable was plugged into the power supply with the switch turned from o/I to I and nothing turned on no power what so ever was being dispersed into the PC. Idk what the issue was I spent 3 days trying to fix this issue and still no luck. I even tried taking the Asrock OC Formula RX6950xt out of the PCIE slot and try and start the computer that was and still nothing. When I tried to start the pc up without the graphics card in the PCIE slot no lights on the motherboard was turning on and I know from using this motherboard for 3 years now that there is always a light that lights up on the right side of the motherboard the second I turn the power switch on the power supply to on. 

My PC specs are:

Ryzen 9 5900x with Asrock OC Formula RX6950xt and Asus Tuff Gaming x570 plus wifi motherboard with G.Skilled Trident Z Neon Ram CL16 3600mhz and Corsair RM1000x power supply and 6 Corsair QL 120mm fans and 3 Corsair ml 120mm fans at the top for the Corsair h150i elite capellix fans all in white with clear LCD screen and Lian Li Strimmer plus v2 3x8 pin PCIE cables and Lian Li Strimmer plus v2 24pin cable.

I have been researching around the internet for the past few days for a while now and finally came across someone who had the same exact CPU, GPU and almost the same ram he has CL14 ram which would require more power to run and I have CL16 ram, but we both have 2x16GB of ram 32 GB of ram. The only different we have is he has a Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700W 80+ gold power supply and I have a Corsair RM1000x 80+ gold power supply. My power supply outputs way more watts than his does and the Asrock OC Formula RX6950xt requires 1000w minimum and that’s exactly what I have and the other dude is able to power on the same exact pc with lower watt power supply 700w. I tried everything even made sure the power switch on the motherboard was all plugged in correctly and they were and that didn’t seem to fix the issue at all. Idk if the power supply or motherboard is bricked, but I think the motherboard is as no lights will turn on on the motherboard no matter what I do. If when I take the graphics card out of the motherboard PCIE slot and the lights on the motherboard still don’t turn on then theoretically the motherboard isn’t receiving power either because teje motherboard is bricked or the power supply is broken, but no matter what the lights should always s turn on when the power supply is turned on which the lights no matter if the power supply is turned on or off or all the plugs are plugged in correctly from the power supply to the motherboard the lights won’t turn on. I’ve asked around some other people who also use the same graphics card and they too are able to power the graphics card with a 750w and 850w power supply just fine and told me this isn’t a power supply issue and that my power supply should be just find and able to power up the Asrock OC Formula RX6950xt perfeftly with no issues. All my components in my computer was working just fine with my previous graphics card the Asrock Phantom Gaming OC RX6800xt and had no issues what so ever, but the second I take that graphics card out and put a Asrock OC Formula RX6950xt graphics card into my computer nothing worked no power was present on anything. I spammed the power button so many times and still nothing turned on. I even tried taking the power switch out of the motherboard and used the screw driver method of turning the motherboard on manually by pushing onto the prongs with a screw driver and that did absolutely nothing. I just don’t know what the issue is here when so many other people are able to run the Asrock OC Formula RX6950xt with such a lower power supply watts and I’m over here with the highest power supply watts and nothing will even turn on. 

0 Likes
0 Replies