Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

derjonatan
Journeyman III

Random BlackScreen

Hello.

So my 7900 xt on very random occasions gives me blackscreen. Unlike all other posts on forums I have read so far, the black screen is permanent, and you need to restart the pc. Current audio keeps playing for a good 5 seconds, i.e programs keeps running. Once I restart the resolution is weird, indicative of drivers not working. This is further proven when you try open AMD adrenaline after which it tells you it is not compatible anymore.

I have tried the common solutions posted on the internet which includes: Install only driver, install older versions software (ran cleanup utility after each re-download), run DDU in safemode and cleanup device manager, disable mpo, try different displayport-cable, set in AMD adrenaline a custom resolution of 178hz (monitor is 180hz)

Something maybe worth adding is that I ran the PC with no issues for around 3 months without any issues. Then they suddenly appeared, no change to pc at all. Recently I installed a new M.2 drive which might be interesting to know.

I have read around both forums, youtube and talked to other owners of same GPU I have, and none are really the issue I have. Really scratching my head right now trying to figure out a solution, so any and all help is appreciated!

Cheers!

0 Likes
0 Replies