Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Aycolen
Journeyman III

Random Blackscreens every couple of days RX 6700 XT

Hi,

I am absolutely defeated and desperate at this point because i do not know anymore what to do. On the 11. November 2023 i did replace my graphic card for an RX 6700 XT since the old one was busted and after building it in everything was working perfectly fine.

Then on the 14.12.2023 i did had a Windows Update and on the 23.12.2023 my personal Hell started. Ever since the 23.12. i keep getting totally random Black Screens that force me then to hard restart my pc and either after that the pc works just fine or i have to go to the device manager and enable my gpu again since it is disabled with code 22 and then gives me a code 31 and after another restart it works then fine again. The PC will work fine for a couple of days just to have a rinse and repeat.
 So far this happened 23.12. / 27.12.2023 and in 2024 on  02.01./06.01/09.01/18.01/21.01/24.01/28.01/01.02./05.02./10.02./19.02. The time frame between is anything from 3 to 9 days at this point with an average of 4 days.  It doesn't matter what time or what is been executed. It can happen while doing legit nothing or gaming.

I keeped a close eye on the temps and cpu never went past 68C and gpu never past 68C for the hotspot. memory diagnostics didn't show any issues and event viewer shows absolutely nothing in regard of what could be the cause.

I tryed to reinstall the AMD Drivers totally fresh, tryed older driver Versions, tryed undervolting, tryed deinstalling the december windows update and after that didn't do anything i have atm windows up to date again, did let sfc scan run, updated my bios and done the TdrDelay Value in the Registry Eidtor. 

I am not a very techy person to my defense but i have issues believing that there hardware issues involved since the pc runs perfectly fine for days and did run perfectly fine before. For me it just feels like something / somehow the driver crashes what causes this issue. I just really don't know anymore what to do and i feel utmost defeated at this point.

My specks:
GPU: RX 6700 XT
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x Six-Core
Installed Ram: 16GB
PSU: Corsair RM750x 80+Gold
System Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 
System-type: 64-bit

0 Likes
5 Replies
2DEZstb
Adept II

hello Aycolen.

secure your data, backup.
Reinstall windows, it should solve your problem. configure your windows without internet access, only then update windows with internet access.
Reinstall chipset drivers + graphics drivers from the official AMD website. You don't need to worry about your BIOS, it won't be changed by reinstalling Windows.
avoid third-party software as much as possible.
greeting

secure your data, backup.
Reinstall windows, it should solve your problem. configure your windows without internet access, only then update windows with internet access.
Reinstall chipset drivers + graphics drivers from the official AMD website. You don't need to worry about your BIOS, it won't be changed by reinstalling Windows.
avoid third-party software as much as possible.
greeting

0 Likes

I will give it a try if i can figure out how to reinstall Windows 11. Would had done that prop already at this point but i keep running into the issue that it tells me that i do not fulfill the system requirements during the installation even if the health check tells me i do plus i have it installed since 2021.

0 Likes
CallmeRyzen
Adept I

Hello,

I've encountered a similar issue where my PC would black screen and not recover after going into sleep mode. To resolve it, I completely removed all my drivers using DDU software and rolled back to a previous version of the Adrenalin software that worked for me. This resolved my problem.

I suggest starting your investigation by checking for driver corruption. If that doesn't solve the problem, you can move on to hardware troubleshooting, although it's less likely to be the cause. It's possible that there's a software conflict between the GPU drivers and the operating system causing the issue. Additionally, if all else fails, reinstalling Windows might also solve the problem.

0 Likes
jackj83
Adept II

dude i know how you feell i cant even play a game  im down to one display was runing 3 now one of my igpu 2 black screens cant even play flightsim 2020 or dcs world brand new xfx rx 6700 xt qick 319 

0 Likes
jackj83
Adept II

can someone any one tell me how to stop windows updates from installing bs drivers over my new ones specs i910900k asus z590e gaming wifi fxf rx 6700xt 32 gigs corsair lpx ram evga psu 850 this is really pissing me off theres got to be a way to stop windows update please help amd anyone for **bleep** sakes

0 Likes