Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Awol
Challenger

Radeon RX7900 XTX Max Wattage

Hi All

I've recently started playing early access game Bodycam which uses the Unreal Engine 5 game engine. I was monitoring power draw temps etc and noticed a very high power draw.

I maxed at 535 Watts at the GPU, 140 FPS, GPU Temp 65 and Hotspot 87, game settings were set to Elite. Would you say this power draw would be within the acceptable limits of this card or do i have a potential problem. GPU is totally stock no tweaks etc.

https://youtu.be/UIA7s3C5ri8 

Regards

Awol

Ryzen 9 5900X, AMD RADEON RX7900 XTX, X570 Aorus Elite, 64GB Quad Kit 3600MHZ Kingston Fury Black XMP Profile 1, RM1000 X PSU

0 Likes
7 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

You are talking about a custom OC 7900 xtx and not stock 7900 xtx, right?

0 Likes

The stats were taken from MSI Afterburner

0 Likes

No its a reference card and this power consumption only happens with this particular game. Ive had to enable VSYNC otherwise i get really bad coil whine. COD4, BFV, BF2042 are all played at max quality settings and i have no issues.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

A reference 7900 XTX has two 8-pin PCIe each rated for 150W and another 75W via the slot, for a theoretical max power draw of 375W.

Are you seeing similar power spikes in Adrenalin or only in Afterburner? Are they transient or sustained at that level?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

Attached image is from Afterburner. I'll log the stats from Adrenaline later and post.

Screenshot 2024-06-27 142357.png

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

There seems to be a discrepancy between Adrenaline and Afterburner. Afterburner is reporting 100W extra however ive got it so the card is only pulling 300W-350W by adjusting the settings. To be honest this is an early access game im playing so there are going to be issues. 

0 Likes

Like you said, that seems like 100w too high. I would compare with power usage from Adrenaline monitoring because that does not seem right.

0 Likes