cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Abraha240
Journeyman III

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY GPU

Hi, I'm new to this, I'm using a Ryzen 5 5500 and my motherboard is B550M AORUS ELITE AX Rev 1.3, I have 32 Ram 4x8 3200MHz, my GPU is RX 6600, and my power supply is 650W, recently 3 days ago I purchased my second monitor and my extra RAM to have 32 (4x8), the first day I did not have any problems, But the second day when I was playing, the screens started with an image error, and many colors were visible, it was like cut off, distorted, etc., I was scared, and even a beep started, I turned off the computer and disconnected the second monitor, I played for a while without any problem, on my third day which is today, the errors started again, with black screens, and crashes in the games, and I always get to send a bug report from AMD, I tried to open a game by Last time, which was Gears of War 5, and again everything crashed and I got a notification that it was a fatal error and that the video card stopped responding. I currently have the XMP profile activated, I don't know if deactivating it and using a lower RAM speed can solve something or maybe it has nothing to do with it, but definitely something bad is happening with the GPU, it could even be the drivers, I have them updated to the current version. 

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it, thank you to everyone who reads and takes the time to respond. 448975640_1208534570039757_1702017182046095450_n.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies

have you checked to make sure your power supply can handle the power for your video card to run duel monitors? I have this problem with my work computers where the power supplies are so small that they can't put enough power to run the monitors. 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

So you added a second monitor and 2 more sticks of memory. To see which is causing the problem, try removing one or the other and see if the problem continues.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes