cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

sethb124
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 560 black and red swapped and won't boot into Windows

I've been having this issue for the past 6 months or so where sometimes upon starting up my PC, instead of the background being black, it will be red, and red will be black. Sometimes there's like fuzzy red and black mixing or some or all of the screen will be covered in TV static. The fuzzy red and black lines go away if I tilt my HDMI slightly and red and black will swap completely.

Also, when Windows tries to boot, it will stop displaying anything, and I'm forced to restart my PC. I can sometimes get it to boot into Windows via safe mode, and it boots regularly when I disable the graphics in device manager, but the colors will still be messed up (and I won't be able to use my graphics card, of course). The weirdest thing, though, is that eventually, after restarting maybe 20 or 30 times, sometimes less, sometimes more, everything will magically start working again. The colors will work, my graphics card will work, and it'll boot just fine. Then, I won't have the issue for another week or two, sometimes more. I have no clue what's causing this, but I assume it's my graphics card since it boots with it disabled, but I'm not sure about the colors. I typically update my graphics drivers every time this happens, so they're up to date, and I'm not overclocking or anything like that. I have a Radeon RX 560 graphics card and a Ryzen 3 1200 cpu.

Here are some pictures of what the red and black being swapped looks like, as well as the general display anomalies. They're not the best quality since I wasn't able to screenshot.

20230621_111608.jpg20230621_111603.jpg

0 Likes
0 Replies