cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

keebler125
Journeyman III

Radeon HD 7700 - disabled display(s)

I recently added a new display to my array (the graphic card is supposed to support 6 displays (there are 6 ports)).

so my 3rd display (exactly the same make, model as other 2) keeps showing display disabled...

I can move the cables around and the 3rd display (no matter which one it actually is) still shows disabled in the catalyst control center.

windows (w10) sees the display, but can not send to it (disabled) - same with the CCC.

i moved the cables from display to display to confirm the cables and displays actually work... if i only use 2 displays - they both perform like expected (any of the 3 displays). but when i connect the 3rd display.. it is disabled.

so i uninstalled, updated and reinstalled the CCC software to no avail - same issue

updated drivers - no change

in the CCC software, there is no option to add the disabled display and position it for that matter.

0 Likes
1 Reply
keebler125
Journeyman III

so, i found the answer...

short answer is the card can only support 2 monitors... natively.

from VisionTEK (If you are converting your connection from a DisplayPort signal (mDP, DP) to a non DisplayPort signal such as HDMI, DVI or VGA active adapters are required after 2 displays. )

the long answer

I must get an ACTIVE cable (cable with a signal amplifier) for my additional displays.

from VisionTEK (Active adapters – these adapters have a chip that helps convert video for the GPU. Your GPU will be able to do this for two monitors but an active adapter is needed for more.)

resources:

the system will not let me post the link to visiontek

0 Likes