cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

JetStream96
Journeyman III

R9 390x graphic issue in COTW:The Angler

I recently picked up Call Of The Wild:The Angler on Steam but I am having a weird graphical issue in game where all reflective surfaces, such as metal and water, as well as the clouds are all pixelated and artifact-like. I have been in contact with the devs of the game and they suggested I also reach out for AMD support.

I have confirmed that I am running the most recent driver version, 22.6.1 and have tried resetting the shader chache. No matter what, the issue still persists. It has been there since the day I purchased and installed the game. I have no issues in any other games I own, some more and some less demanding. Here is an image of the issue in game.

Spoiler
20230223144821_1.jpg

Additionally I am running an i5-4460, R9 390x, and 12GB of RAM. I am aware it lacks the minimum requirements for the game, but I have no other issues and average 102FPS in 20hrs of playtime.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Might I suggest that you open the Adrenalin software and go to the Settings then select Graphics.  If you could provide a screenshot of your settings you might be able to enable something there to reduce or eliminate the problem.  I'm thinking it could be the Surface Format Optimization you need to have enabled.

Here are my settings if you wish to compare:

Screenshot 2023-03-13 194131.pngScreenshot 2023-03-13 194010.png

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

I only ever run the Gaming preset, though changing to match yours as best as I can, I am missing the "Radeon Boost", "10-Bit Pixel Format", and "GPU Workload" options, has had no effect and the problem is still present.

Here is what that preset looks like for me.
1.png2.png

0 Likes