cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

andoq
Journeyman III

Problems running dx9 (old game)

So nostalgy hit me hard and I have installed a pretty old game from 2005 - CoD2 - and it happens to not render any in-game stuff when dx9 is enabled. It works flawlessly with dx7 but I change it to dx9 everything outside the UI shows black. This happens in both single player and multiplayer.

I used to have a 1060 6gb and I never had any problem with it, I have the same windows configs and in game settings that I used to have it the old GPU. The game only runs in admin mode with compatibility mode Windows XP sp2/3, but it's the only way to make it work nowadays. My drivers are also updated and have dx9 installed ofc.

I have a RX 6700 XT on a Win10 if that matters.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4L76Z9VcQ

0 Likes
1 Solution
CaligoVereor
Challenger

As an old game enjoyer myself I know the struggle of running games like that on modern systems.

In your specific case, CoD2 seems to have issues with rendering in DX9 mode with Anti-aliasing enabled. So try disabling Anti-aliasing, that should help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
CaligoVereor
Challenger

As an old game enjoyer myself I know the struggle of running games like that on modern systems.

In your specific case, CoD2 seems to have issues with rendering in DX9 mode with Anti-aliasing enabled. So try disabling Anti-aliasing, that should help.

0 Likes

It worked yes, thanks a lot man!

Sorry for the delay btw, cheers

Midnight_Aurias
Journeyman III

0 Likes