cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Magnus005
Journeyman III

PowerColor Red Dragon RX 570 8GB Error Message "Driver Timeout"

I am getting this error message on my power color Red Dragon Radeon RX 570 8GB (AXRX 570 8GBD5-DHDV2/OC). This is fairly recent as I had to rebuild my system, replacing a faulty Kingston A1000 series M.2 SSD for a Seagate FireCuda M.2 SSD as a boot drive.  

After many crashes within 5 minutes of games like Destiny 2 and apps like OCCT, I went back to the vendor support page and rolled back the driver build to 19.8.1, from August 2020 which by the way is the only version on their download page. It's not as butter smooth as the current driver but it didn't crash in 10 minutes of game play.

I too would like some advice... Could it be the drivers? The Vram? I am using a 650W PSU with an I5-7600K Intel on an MSI Krait Gaming B250, so power shouldn't be an issue (card minimum requirements is a 450W PSU).Screenshot 2020-12-07 140620.png

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Magnus005
Journeyman III

So after rolling it back, I got 10 minutes of playability before it crashed to desktop again on Destiny 2. Rolled the settings to Medium and managed an hour, maybe 90 minutes of playability before it totally crashed, though I still heard music and was able to communicate on Skype, but after 5 minutes of black screen and I rebooted. Trying NEW drivers with medium settings next.

If it crashes again, I am going to open an RMA. I find it hard to believe replacing the Kingston with a FireCuda is the cause of my issues.

0 Likes

Check and see if your SSD working 100% at all time or not this might be the windows10 issue but it usually happen to HDD not SSD . 

This is what I see at the moment, nothing is running other than Chrome and background software:

cpuServices.pngssdServices.png

0 Likes