cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DobraMarius
Adept I

PowerColor Radeon 6800 XT have coil whine

I bought the gpu like 4 days ago and i haven't had time to test it..last night when i had some free time i decided to test it. So i opened some games ( Battlefield 2042,Efotball 2024,Metro 2033,Escape from Tarkov. Im every game i open i hear like a coil whine. But i hear it only when im into a game. If im browsing or on Youtube,Netflix i don't hear anything.

My PSU is new,it is a Season 750 w certified gold. I bought it like 3 weeks ago. I even use it with my previous card,an rtx 3070. I haven't heard that sound.

I use the latest drivers. I stopped all the fans from my pc one by one just to be sure the sound it is from the gpu..and yes..it is from the gpu..what you suggest me to do ? Should i ask them to replace it since it si under warranty ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
yurikokolev
Adept III

i have a rx6800XT Red Devil and like you i have no coil whine doing the normal stuff but when i game i do have some coilwhine but only in certain titles, for example World of tanks T i have coil whine but if i go to destiny 2 no coil whine , BF5 coil whine  dirt 2.0 no coil whine. i guess if it only does it with a more demanding title, not worried my previous card a RX580 also red devil had coil whine in the same instances and i used it for 6 years and had no issues, well it is still going strong on my wife computer

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes
DobraMarius
Adept I

But you think i could replace it at the store from where i bought it ?

0 Likes
eebiii
Forerunner

Coil whine usually goes away after I enable Radeon Super Resolution and GPU scaling. Seems as if it has something to do with the monitor I am using. In my experience.

0 Likes