cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Aelnzon
Adept I

7900xtx driver random timeout when playing ffxiv

Hello, I've been having this issue since i got my powercolor red devil 7900xtx in Jan, tried turn everything off in  Adrenaline, turn MPO off, delete reshade, and tried with every driver for 7900xtx but still the driver will randomly timeout and leave my main monitor black out until i restart my pc.

It' pretty weird i haven't got this issue with any other games i've been playing including BDO, Dead Space Remake, Ready or not, Destiny 2, Wolong.

I'm using a Seasonic 1000W Platinum PSU so there shouldn't be any probelm with power supply.

It's really annoying especially since the next salavge raid in ff14 probably will come by June, if i can't get this dealt with i'll have to install my old 1080ti back...

Any advice is appreciated.

PS : Tried to lock the game on 60 fps, it will prevent the driver from crashing in most cases but will mostly make the game unplayable since the actual fps will drop to around 35-46. 

8 Replies
Aelnzon
Adept I

Is it just such a rare problem or no one just care..?

0 Likes

Nah dude, not a rare problem. Just that AMD doesn't seem to care. You can find other threads with more posts on here, idk why yours isn't getting bumped.

0 Likes

hey.. I finally be able to get it fixed by turn expo off, it's kinda sucks i can only run my ram at 4800mhz instead of 6000 though.

0 Likes
dovahkiin
Journeyman III

Hey there guys, I have an RX 7900 XT Red Devil Onan Asus STRIX b550 Ryzen 5 3600x PSU CM V850w 80+ gold, been trying to play Diablo 4 beta, does someone suffering from losing display signal and be unable to do anything only option is to force turn on by the power button?

It happens to me sometimes as soon I log in the game 8⁸77and the queue shows up, and sometimes i stay by the queue for some time and then it's happens, and the only option is to hold on the power button, I been trying everything, system recover with the scan on the prompt, I tried even the memory check tool, I tried the 2 different drivers the 23.3.1 and the 23.3.2 from 22 of march, the 22.3.1 seems more stable, the later the problem happens as soon I start diablo 4 ( tested 2 times, same result)

I tried loads of options and some times I have the pa-300 problem which i managed to fix more easily, but still does someone is having something similar to that? I really need help, don't know what to do

0 Likes
Keld
Journeyman III

Same issue, only way the game is playable is to literally have nothing else but ffxiv open and even then MAYBE sometimes the driver will crash. Easiest way to get driver to crash is to watch a twitch stream or youtube video or something while you play and within 1 hour kaboom. 

0 Likes
Oblyan
Adept I

I dont Know if this is the same issue as mine, but i got constantly directx error and driver display timeout. Even with the Last drivers update. The only one that works without any crash is the driver version from july 7 ( with minimal installation) and chill feature enable ( around 75 up to 120 Mhz). But i dont Know if this one is relevant. Fyi my GPU is Gigabyte 7900 xtx and my screen is samsung neo g9 Oled. My first and Last  step with AMD GPU. So annoying to have to change for drivers in order to play different video game 

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

New GPU drivers released today .. give them a try 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
Oblyan
Adept I

Tested with latest drivers version 23.9.1

Keep crashing with directx error.

I find out that the in game graphic option "Screen Space Ambient Occlusion" make me crash when it set on HBAO+:Standard or HBAO+:Quality

NB: i was in HBAO+:Quality and worked well with 23.7.1 drivers

0 Likes