cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jeponoshi
Journeyman III

PowerColor fighter 6700xt freezing pc when under load

Please help me. My new 6700xt card is freezing my computer anytime it is put under load. I have tried to play Call of Duty Warzone and it froze. It even freezes when using MSI's Kombustor software.

The setup is:

ASRock B760m Steel legend mATX Motherboard

i5 12600k

Powercolor fighter 6700xt

Deepcool AG400

Corsair RM Series (2021) 850w, RM850

0 Likes
2 Replies

Any information in event viewer/windows logs/ application error? System freezes in my experience usually hinge upon some sort of memory error or power inadequacy. I hope you have two separate pci-e power cables connected to the GPU and not a single cable daisy chained. Motherboard bios updated to the latest stable?  History of GPUs on this windows install?  I'm thinking from context this was a GPU upgrade from what previous GPU? Multiple monitors connected? Tested system memory for errors?

Hello, thank you for responding, this is my first pc build so I am still unfamiliar with some of the things you asked about.

By memory error do you mean ram or vram?

1. To answer your questions: I have two sepearte pci-e cables connected to the GPU.
  2. I updated the motherboard bios to the latest stable version.
  3. This is a new build with a fresh installation of windows so no other GPU's have been used before the 6700xt.
  4. There was only one monitor connected via HDMI
  5. How do I test the system memory for errors? 

I tried a couple fixes from reddit and youtube but nothing worked. As soon as I run KOMBUSTOR the GPU fans come on but the pc freezes.

After this I took out the 6700xt and removed the amd drivers. I then put in an rtx 3060 (a borrowed GPU) and installed the drivers for it. The 3060 worked well without issue.

I am not sure why the 6700xt doesn't work.

Could overclocking my ram via XMP help?

0 Likes