Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kankan1122
Journeyman III

Power usage and memory clock speeds up with disable freesync

Hi everyone,

I'm using an RX 6700 XT and an AOC 27G2 165hz monitor, using displayport. I experience black screen flickering when entering games or watching videos in full screen mode.

If I turn off freesync this problem does not occur but if i turn off freesync power usage and memory clock speeds up

I see there are some instructions about using CRU software for processing but I don't know how to use it. Can anyone please guide me?

Sorry my English is not good, thank you everyone

1.png2.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

According to AMD these readings are acceptable. I asked this about my RX 6800 XT, because with VRR on I had issues. @Matt_AMD commented on the RX 5000 series a few years ago and this is what he had to say. 

cpurpe91_0-1697770844017.png

That being said some have used CRU but I could never get it to work properly on the display I had. I am aware that the tuning varies from display to display so it may be best to just let the VRAM sit maxed out as there isn't technically any load on it. 

Another route you could take is disabling MPO, and seeing if FreeSync still causes issues.

If that doesn't work, I am sure someone here will help with CRU. 

Good luck friend.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

You could pop into the Discord and ask the community there as well.

https://discord.gg/amd-red-team

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes