cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ChairmanCat
Journeyman III

Popping Audio Glitch and USB Power Surge when monitor plugged into GPU

1-2 weeks ago I started hearing a noise that sounds like vinyl crackling. I thought it's a Windows 10 issue, but clean install did not help.

My setup:

- Ryzen 5600G

- 6800XT from XFX

- MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX

- Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold

- new Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 4th gen

I have 2 monitors. My main monitor is connected to the GPU and secondary to the motherboard, both with HDMI. Having programs on my main monitor causes the popping noise and a USB power surge on an unknown device. The power surge even happens when there is not a single USB device connected. If I have an audio interface connected, it crashes due to this. When I have the audio playing programs on my secondary monitor, everything is ok, but as soon as I pull e.g. the browser (even if it's not playing sound) to the main screen, noise starts happening. The problem happens with any monitor/cable I plug into the GPU.

Playing sound from the built-in speakers of the main monitor seems to work correctly. Only the USB connected audio interfaces are having issues (Behringer and Focusrite as well). I tried the interfaces with my Windows 10 laptop and they are working flawlessly there. 

0 Likes
0 Replies