cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

OmanFK
Journeyman III

Phantom Gaming Vega56's GPU Tach starts, and immediately shuts down, with no signal going to monitor

Hi.

In the last 3 days, I've had a power outage in my house 3 times due to a faulty device, no longer connected to the grid.

Following said outages, in the last couple of days, when I boot my machine, the GPU Tach meter on my Phantom Gaming Vega56 lights up one LED, but that LED goes off almost immediately.
There is no signal from ANY of the ports on the cards, 3 DP and 1 HDMI to the monitor.

Before, yesterday, I was gaming just fine, the GPU Tach was all lit up and everything worked correctly. However, 2 minutes after I stopped playing and went back to the desktop, the GPU Tach again, turned off, and there was no signal to the monitor.
I didn't understand what that was, so I hard reset my machine by pressing and holding the power button.
On starting the machine again, the issue I describe above happened, and happen since, consistently.

Since the "Radeon" logo on the card, as well as the fans' light, the fans themselves, and the hard drive seem to work just fine, I do NOT suspect a PSU issue (should I?)

What I AM afraid of is that the numerous power outages fried some part of the card rendering it useless.

Any ideas what this behavior is, and what to do about it?

Thanks.

(P.S. See attached screencast to see the behavior I'm referring to "in action").

0 Likes
1 Reply
Lukah_GB
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, have you found a solution?

0 Likes