cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CarlosPimienta
Journeyman III

PCIe power connector for AMD Firepro W7100

Best regards to all. I'm new in the forum.

I am in the project of building a personal workstation and I have purchased the following GPU (AMD Firepro w7100) on Amazon in a lightning sale, which comes with a pcie adapter as seen in photo number 4 attached.

I have a question about the pcie power port:

In the attached photo (1). The connector on the right (blue circle) is the PCIe adapter that comes with the GPU. The upper center contact is disabled in this adapter (see photo 2).

The connector on the left in a green circle is the pcie connector that comes with the Termaltake Smart 700W power supply, which has all contacts enabled (see photo 3).

In photos 2 and 3 you can see the pcie connectors on the back side.

As can be seen in the attached photo number 5, the power supply has two PCIe connectors to power two GPUs.

My question is: can I place the pcie connector from the power supply directly to the pcie port of the GPU (see red circle in photo number 1) or is it better to use the pcie adapter that comes with the gpu?
What I don't like about using the pcie adapter that comes with the GPU is that it limits me from connecting another GPU.

Thank you for any help or clarification you can give me on this topic.

The attached photographs 1 to 5 go from left to right.

1 Conexión pcie firepro w7100.jpeg2 Adaptador pcie de la gpu vista posterior.jpeg3 Conector pcie de la fuente de alimentación. Vista posterior.jpeg4 GPU y su adaptador pcie.jpeg5 conectores pcie de la fuente de alimentación.jpeg

0 Likes
1 Reply

Always recommended to directly connect pcie cable from psu to card (no adaptor).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes