cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kk_kenny
Journeyman III

Overclocking RX 580 with Adrenalin 23.9.3

Have tried the latest Adrenalin updates after October and cannot overclock or undervolt my card. Using AMD's preset overclock works fine but I hate not knowing what is going on under the hood.

Just setting power limit to max is enough to crash the system or just about any other switch for that matter. It certainly hates any of my preset profiles.

As well what is with the advanced frequencies showing higher states in grey above the stated frequency?

I keep hoping someone will do an overclock video but they are all with new cards that show nothing what my card has.

Don't want to buy newer as that means practically a new system and my rx 580 works wonders just overclocked to 1400 - if you don't mind the fans...

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Are your dials still like this? I'm sorry, I've moved along from the Polaris long ago and never got to try latest drivers.

johnnyenglish_0-1697843633000.png

If so, try this video of mine. From CPU to GPU. Undervolting tips.

Mine was a RX480 but its the same. I got a stable 1400mhz with 1090mV for most use cases.
1450mhz with 1170mV for more demanding games. 1500mhz was just not getting the return and temps were on the edge.....

Keep in mind that I had a RoG Strix RX480 with 3 fan and a beefy cooler so I could push it quite a lot for the little Polaris. I'm not sure what yours is.

The Englishman

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Are your dials still like this? I'm sorry, I've moved along from the Polaris long ago and never got to try latest drivers.

johnnyenglish_0-1697843633000.png

If so, try this video of mine. From CPU to GPU. Undervolting tips.

Mine was a RX480 but its the same. I got a stable 1400mhz with 1090mV for most use cases.
1450mhz with 1170mV for more demanding games. 1500mhz was just not getting the return and temps were on the edge.....

Keep in mind that I had a RoG Strix RX480 with 3 fan and a beefy cooler so I could push it quite a lot for the little Polaris. I'm not sure what yours is.

The Englishman

Thankyou for the reply I will check the video out. My card is MSI Armor with two fans and like you I can get to 1450 if I don't mind going deaf. Screams like a banshee!. 1400 mhz at 1055 works great and even no overclocking but undervolting runs nicely. No issues with any Resident Evil games Wolfenstein, etc - just Fallout 4 will choke it, but that's a known.

I use 23.8.1 and it has same screen as yours. The new drivers are the same +/- except for additional small bars above the white line as if to suggest doing nothing gives a small boost for each state, but change a setting such as power limit% and boom grey screen and immediate reboot.

0 Likes
elXm
Journeyman III

Driver issue the last one working is Adrenalin Edition 23.8.2

0 Likes

I have 23.8.1 permanently saved - thankfully so when i try the newer and fail I can wipe the drivers and reinstall...

It is a pain as I hear some features are worth the upgrade but still want to overclock with my known settings

0 Likes