cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

amdnoober
Adept I

My PC just dies!!!??

• My PC keeps dying(screen goes black and the CPU looks like it doesn't have power whenever I try to play any game.

Can my current set up run the RX 6600? I bought it a couple of days ago and I just finished setting up the drivers and everything but when I try to play a game, screen goes black then the computer seems to lose power. Please help, this is my first time buying Amd and I've previously bought Nvidia but wanted to check this gpu out.

Here's my specs

Gpu Asus Amd Radeon rx 6600

Psu nitro mk2-600a

CPU Amd Ryzen 5 3600

MOBO Gigabyte A320-sh2-cf

Ram Kingston ddr4-2666(1333 mhz) 8 gb

ddr4-2400(1200 mhz) Corsair 8 gb

2 Solutions
Lukeman269
Adept I

Looks like you're mixing the different RAM sticks together. Did this computer work fine before the AMD GPU install? Which GPU were you running before? Very likely your PSU could be going bad if your computer just shuts off instead of reboot.

View solution in original post

Yes, whenever I try to play any game that I've played before, the computer loads to the game and when I'm about to play, the computer just goes off and shuts down. There's no green or blue screen, I just literally turns itself off. The psu was working fine when I was using the 1050 ti though and I feel you're right that I might need to purchase a new psu that can accommodate the upgrade I did for the gpu.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lukeman269
Adept I

Looks like you're mixing the different RAM sticks together. Did this computer work fine before the AMD GPU install? Which GPU were you running before? Very likely your PSU could be going bad if your computer just shuts off instead of reboot.

It worked fine before. My previous gpu was an rtx 1050 ti. What psu do you think would go best and can accommodate the needed power requirement for my computer?

0 Likes
Rellik
Journeyman III

Estou com um problema parecido, com a mesma placa de vídeo RX 6600 em jogos com directx 12 meu computador trava e depois de alguns minutos reinicia, já instalei e desinstalei vários drives,em alguns jogos ele n chega nem abrir o jogo e já trava iniciando, testei sem drives também e não resolve, quando entro no jogo e clico para alterar suas configurações de video com preset definido pelo game trava e n consigo mecher parece q falta energia no computador

I think you should open a new ticket to keep each topic clean and if possible in English.

Some may understand what you are asking like me but this is preferable to use English overall.

The Englishman
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hey there,

there is a small information that we need.

Does the power goes completely out? I mean, sudden loss of power and everything just shuts down. Then you could have a faulty PSU or it just can't power your new GPU.

If its a crash and power is on, then keep DOCP/XMP disabled since you have a mix of memory sticks.

But I'm leaning towards the first, it happened to me too when I bought the RX480 lol

The Englishman

Yes, whenever I try to play any game that I've played before, the computer loads to the game and when I'm about to play, the computer just goes off and shuts down. There's no green or blue screen, I just literally turns itself off. The psu was working fine when I was using the 1050 ti though and I feel you're right that I might need to purchase a new psu that can accommodate the upgrade I did for the gpu.

Was this a prebuilt pc with 1050ti, probably only had a 300W psu (check the output ratings on it).

Asus spec has 500W psu required for the rx6600.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..