cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jcg90811
Journeyman III

MSI 7900 XTX

I am kind of in dire need of help here.. I just have some issues with crashing in certain games where the load is a little higher.  I have absolutely no issues running lightweight games such as League, Overwatch, and other light-load games, but playing games like Diablo 4, Helldivers 2, and recently, Dragon's Dogma 2 my pc will just flat-out crash..

No bluescreen, and no logs in the event viewer other than these SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization errors showing up at all, other than unexpected crashes.

So.. the main issue I see is I can not use any single newly released driver and I have to resort to using an extremely old driver; because if I do.. I am consistently crashing, for no reason. It's not a heating issue, do you have any suggestions?  why can't I use any new drivers without consistent PC hang-ups and then crashing?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Toology86
Adept I

Had that problem years ago. Ended up being my PSU. Does your PC just crash or restart?

AMD 7800X3D/Gigabyte 7900xtx/128gb DDR5
0 Likes

OP experiences an AMD driver crash, it resets but closes all the applications that use GPU, it happens less on the latest december 2023 driver. I know because I have a similar issue, if not exactly the same one.

I really doubt it is a PSU issue, why does it happen on the newest driver but not the one from 2023?

0 Likes
alfata
Adept II

Sounds very much like a power delivery issue.
The card is 355W
Cables are rated for 150W (each separate cable, daisy chaining means that you might have 2x8pin but still only rated for 150)
the PCIE is rated for 75W
You should have some headroom still but since it only happening in heavy loads it might just be not enough headroom.

I recently had issues with MSI 7900XT with them refusing to accept that its defective, but my issue was related to capacitors on the board itself (they never accepted that its defective but replaced it so i would never know for sure)

0 Likes