Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Amazys
Journeyman III

Monitors does not find GPU location

Hey guys,

I just built my new PC with brand new components, including AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE GPU, and Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU, 32GB RAM,...

I found out that my monitor can only connect to my embedded "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics", which is related to the CPU if I'm not mistaken, but I can't force my monitor to update the location to my 7900 GRE. As a result, I can't really launch any game (got 6 FPS in League of Legends for instance).

When going to Screen Settings through System > Screen > Graphics > Default graphics settings, I selected AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE as "High Performance GPU", but it did not change anything.

If I simply disable the "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics" driver, then the monitor's location will be updated to the Microsoft standard driver.

Obvisouly, the GPU is detected by the Device Manager.

Also, I tried with another monitor (my TV), and it was exactly the same issue.

Any idea on how I can fix this?

I've already tried updating the GPU drivers.

Thanks
Alex

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well, it was connected to the motherboard instead of the GPU…

Sorry guys, first time I do my own pc, noob issues

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Are you making sure that your plugging into the GPU itself and not the HDMI on the Motherboard???

Adam J Martin

Only way you get onboard is plugging into your motherboard.  Secondly the mb bios must be set “told” use this PCIe slot.  Windows sometimes will find your card even without the bios set. And you’ll get crazy funky issues.  Looking up your motherboard manual you’ll find the setting in it if your lost in the bios.

0 Likes

Well, it was connected to the motherboard instead of the GPU…

Sorry guys, first time I do my own pc, noob issues

FunkZ
Exemplar

Is the 7900GRE listed under Display adapters in Windows Device Manager? If so, make sure your 7900GRE is set as primary in BIOS and Adrenalin and as @addiepie79 states, connect your display directly to the card.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT