cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ursor
Journeyman III

Massive Performance and Game Start Up Issues (DirectX Feature Levels)

Recently i bought the Saphhire NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X 24GB which should've been a massive upgrade compared to my old Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700XT. Should've beend, but it turned out, i'm plagued with issues from the get go.

Installed the new card yesterday, clean uninstalled the old driver with DDU as usual and installed the latest driver (Adrenalin 23.7.2 (WHQL Recommended)) from the amd page. Started one game which ran fine. Once i started the second game, the issues began. Games stuttering like crazy, so bad even i could barely klick anything and i've got some error messages in others as well.

Tested example games:

Naraka Bladepoint (literally unplayable, can't even navigate the menues)

Genshin Impact (didn't even launch the game, no error text)

Wartales (didn't even launch the game, no error text)

Dave the Diver (same as naraka, it's lagging so badly i can't move my character)

God of War 2018 (didn't even start, got a directx error message which made me wary - see below)

featurelevel.png

I downloaded the directx installer, but it says everythings installed and fine.

Then i looked at the dxdiag and there was no feature level information, see screenshot below.

featurelevel1.png

The next step was re-installing the display driver. again. fresh download, clean uninstall with DDU in safe mode and so on.

Checked dxdiag after the install and suddenly there were the correct feature level entries: 12_1 12_0, 11_1 11_0 10_1 10_0 9_3 and so on.

Started a game, boom, everythings running fine again. I was relieved, played for a while, everythings good so far. Had a break and once i started another game, the issues came with it. Feature levels empty, GoW2018 error text, naraka not playable, and so on. A PC Shutdown doesn't solve anything, the feature levesl stay empty until i reinstall the driver and only for one game (tried different ones as well as those which didn't work at first and are named above).

I tried this process several times and got always the same miserable outcome. I'm desperate and i don't know what to do now. Is the driver bad? Is my windows broken? or even worse is my new, expensive graphics card broken? I beg you, please help a fellow amd enjoyer out. I don't want to return this card, but as it is now, i have to if i can't find a proper solution soon.

0 Likes
2 Replies
exelanz
Journeyman III

@ursor I had a similar issue with command & conquer remastered. I will copy-paste what I posted on Steam & EA Games forums. Hope it will work for you as well:

Hi @mrtnptrs yes I was using latest driver version and had tried many older versions just in case. Also I don't have an integrated CPU.

But, I was doing a lot of research and found a solution that worked for me. I am on Ryzen 5 5600X CPU, RADEON RX 6700 XT and ASUS TUF GAMING B550 motherboard.

I already suspected Graphics driver. Turned out that AMD introduced some DirectX improvements, but they kill older games like C&C remastered. By switching back to more conservative settings, issue was resolved form me.

Below instructions that I also posted on Steam platform:

---SOLVED---

I found a solution. Follow instructions on this page: https://nimez-dxswitch.pages.dev/NzDXSwitch

I changed my registry based on the values of the 3rd column (DX9 NAVI
with Regular DX11), on both keys (D3DVendorName and D3DVendorNameWow).

I have latest AMD RADEON RX 6700 XT software/drivers installed. Just apply above changes and reboot.

0 Likes
exelanz
Journeyman III

@ursor I had a similar issue with command & conquer remastered. I will copy-paste what I posted on Steam & EA Games forums. Hope it will work for you as well:

Hi mrtnptrs yes I was using latest driver version and had tried many older versions just in case. Also I don't have an integrated CPU.

But, I was doing a lot of research and found a solution that worked for me. I am on Ryzen 5 5600X CPU, RADEON RX 6700 XT and ASUS TUF GAMING B550 motherboard.

I already suspected Graphics driver. Turned out that AMD introduced some DirectX improvements, but they kill older games like C&C remastered. By switching back to more conservative settings, issue was resolved form me.

Below instructions that I also posted on Steam platform:

---SOLVED---

I found a solution. Follow instructions on this page:  

I changed my registry based on the values of the 3rd column (DX9 NAVI
with Regular DX11), on both keys (D3DVendorName and D3DVendorNameWow).

I have latest AMD RADEON RX 6700 XT software/drivers installed. Just apply above changes and reboot.

0 Likes