AMD could offer options like:
1) Send GPU to us and choose between refund or gets replaced with new GPU with functional cooling
2) Request for a new air cooler or waterblock - install yourself for free
AMD could offer returned GPU's cheap for people who want to watercool their GPU's. I'd get one.
Buying such expensive product, I would feel weird of having instantly "B-stock" card in hands, a card that visit factory for repair. "I purchased a new, not a fixed one".
Yes. The idea is:
IF YOU WANT:
- send it back for full refund
- send it back to get a new one that works and get maybe a couple of games due to issues
- if you are ok with this, we'll send you a new air or water cooler if you feel comfortable changing it yourself so you can keep running your GPU until parts arrive and maybe get some reward from this as AMD saves money too.
I'd get the watercooler and while not many would, there likely are not many who have to return their GPU.