cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ym2142
Journeyman III

limited 4:3 resolutions radeon 7900xt

i am on a 1440p monitor and when i used the 3060ti i had the 4:3 resolution options like 1920x1440 (4:3). now, i am on a 7900xt and i no longer have the 4:3 options above 1600x1200. i tried custom resolutions and it gives a incompatible error, not that i want to use custom resolutions, i want the option to be available in game like with the 3060ti. are there any resolutions to accomplish this? i can resize the window myself, but i rather do it through the video options menu instead of manually resizing every window for each game and trying it to get it just right to match a stream overlay. thanks

same equipment i used with the 3060ti, only change is the 7900xt. game is satisfactory. 4 monitor setup. Radeon options on default settings. dual GPU for recording and streaming (7900xt 3060ti)

0 Likes
1 Solution
ym2142
Journeyman III

i expect companies to be up front and not withhold information from me and be ready to help when i spend 700+. that is the standard put forth by other companies. i used CRU to resolve the issue. ive notice this has been an ongoing issue that AMD is aware of. AMD create a note in the area where custom resolutions and default resolutions are and state there is an issue and provide instructions to the current solution. it would have saved me hours. decent hardware AMD, however, the user experience needs major improvement. it doesnt sit right with me that i lost hours of my time for issues AMD was already aware of

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ym2142
Journeyman III

i expect companies to be up front and not withhold information from me and be ready to help when i spend 700+. that is the standard put forth by other companies. i used CRU to resolve the issue. ive notice this has been an ongoing issue that AMD is aware of. AMD create a note in the area where custom resolutions and default resolutions are and state there is an issue and provide instructions to the current solution. it would have saved me hours. decent hardware AMD, however, the user experience needs major improvement. it doesnt sit right with me that i lost hours of my time for issues AMD was already aware of

0 Likes