Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

christopherallover
Journeyman III

Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, GPU Turn Off Mid Game

Hello!

Recently upgraded to my GPU and CPU around 2 months ago. Went from a 5700XT to 6950XT and from a 3600X to a 5800X3D.

This issue has been going on for the past week now and I need some assistance. I'm assuming it's a PSU problem but would like a second opinion.

I've realized this only happens with certain titles (Starfield, CS2, etc.) where it has mostly been Starfield. I'll play games like LoL or Tarkov without any issues.

Logged almost 80 hours in Starfield since this started to happen. Then all of sudden it started last week. I'll be in the game then all devices mentioned in the title turn off.

Fans/lights are working in the case, Mobo lights are on, and CPU cooler is running as well. Then yesterday I noticed when the above happens the fans in my GPU are not spinning either but the lights are on.

When it first started I would be playing for about an hour then it would lose connection. Now I'll be in the game for 30 seconds and it will lose connection. No connection to the monitor (I've tried to unplug and plug it back in with no change) and the same with the keyboard and mouse. Tried to plug it into another USB without any luck.

All drivers are up to date. Reinstalled them as well. I updated BIOS when I upgraded.

Event Viewer is not giving me anything on what happened either.

I even stress-test the GPU through AMD: Adrenaline Edition and I can replicate the result.

Note: I had to reinstall Windows last week because I could not open AMD: Adrenaline Edition at all.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated!! I'm losing sleep over here! Thanks again.

PC Specs:
- PSU: Corsair TX 750M Gold (80 Plus Gold)
- Storage: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB
- GPU: XFX 6950XT 16GB
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
- Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

1 Reply
shadowtrolll
Journeyman III

Hello. I am having the same issue - sometimes while gaming (some days multiple times, some days not at all) my PC enters this weird state as you described - monitor off and mouse and keyboard RGB too but motherboard RGB is on and fans are spinning + power button is not working. I also upgraded from an older CPU (Ryzen 5 3600 to Ryzen 7 5800X3D) and GPU (RTX 2070 to RX  5900 XT) and it worked fine with old parts.

My specs:

PSU: Gigabyte G750H
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XT
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 + 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200
Drives: 2x Samsung 980 500GB (one of them in M.2 another one in PCIE extension card) + 500GB Hitachi HDS721050CLA662 + WDC WD5000AADS-00S9B0
Monitor: LG 27GL850
Keyboard: CZC.Gaming Dwarf
Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero
Case: beQuiet! Silent Base 802
CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240

Bios version: E7C02AMS.3I0

I did a clean install of windows, clean install of drivers, reset bios, reset CMOS... nothing helped. Did you figure out a way to fix it? I tried contacting AMD support via a ticket and spent 2 weeks messaging with them but they just told me to RMA each part  
0 Likes