cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Just Switched to 6650 XT From Nvidia, 1 Monitor isn't recognized and Sleep issues.

I thought I'd never upgrade my computer (lost interest in gaming) but there are some new games out that have caught my eye, so I bought a new video card after running a GTX 960 for a decade.  My rig is basically a decade old with a new GPU in it.  Running Windows 10.

I thought there might be issues going from Nvidia to AMD so I ran the program "DDU" from safe mode before installing my new card.  I noticed one option in there was something like "uninstall monitors" and it was highly recommended, so I did, and I think that might have something to do with this.

I run two monitors and now one of them will not wake up at all.  I plugged it in to all of the ports, both HDMI and DP, and the computer just acts like nothing happened when I plug it in.  The monitor will light up when plugged into a port, then the screen goes blue saying "no signal."

The other monitor works just fine, until you let it go to sleep.  Once it goes to sleep, the computer will not wake back up.  I have to power it down with the power button, and then when it restarts it's in a super low resolution, sometimes black and white, and I can't run any AMD software because "Windows replaced your display driver so AMD software can't run."  Then I restart again and things are back to normal.

I can provide all of the specs for my hardware if that helps, or any other info that can help.  Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I can't get dual monitors to work so I have no option but to return the card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

I forgot to mention, the monitor that isn't recognized at all is an ASUS.  I went to the ASUS website and downloaded the drivers for the exact monitor, but there's nothing I can do within Windows to install the drivers because Windows isn't even aware that the monitor is connected.  The drivers DIDN'T come as an executable.  So I have the driver files and I have no idea how to install them.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

welcome to AMD side! Hope you like AMD surprise.

Well, you better just use one monitor, even highest AMD GPU still got issue.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

I can't tell if your suggestion to just run one monitor is a joke.  That's not an option for me.  Is this really a known issue for AMD GPUs?

0 Likes

I can't get dual monitors to work so I have no option but to return the card.

0 Likes