Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tenshi97
Journeyman III

Is this graphic card fake?

Screenshot_2023-06-19-02-00-06-105_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Hi everyone, I got this from a local store, installed on friday. I have a ryzen 5 5600G. When I´m playing, my PSU is making a lot of noise and when I touch the side of the case next to it is really hot. After I stop playing, it goes back to normal after a few minutes. I´ve been playing diablo IV on ultra settings, no major fps drops to be honest it runs quite well 70-110 fps, and the max GPU temperature after playing 4-5 hours was 91°C Average (Junction temperature). I'm using this PSU [https://www.newegg.com/azza-psaz-650w/p/N82E16817517014](https://www.newegg.com/azza-psaz-650w/p/N82...) (Not a lot of info on the internet so I think it may be the issue) Also my case is a regular case, not a lot of space for components. I´m looking for some advise. Do you think is the graphic card issue is it fake? I have seen a lot of unboxings and none of them have this made in china sticker.  If not, should I get another PSU first or another case? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Lonkku
Adept I

Sounds like your PSU is the problem, 650W should be enough for you. If you think your case is not ventilated enough you can try leave the case one side open and see if it has any effect on the psu heating problem. I have never heard or used a PSU from Azza and its listed only Tier C low end here PSU Tier List rev. 17.0g - Cultists Network . For example I'm using Corsair RMx 850W with my I5 13600KF and AMD 6950XT and its very silent when Im playing and its listed as Tier A PSU on that website. I think you should replace your PSU with a better one. You can also dowload GPU-Z here GPU-Z Graphics Card GPU Information Utility (techpowerup.com) if you want to check your GPU has the same specs as the box says. 

0 Likes
digipointer0
Adept III

I would recommend checking your system's power requirements, ensuring PSU quality, improving case airflow, monitoring system temperatures, and considering professional assistance if needed. By addressing these factors, you should be able to alleviate the noise and excessive heat issues you're experiencing during gaming.

0 Likes

You can run GPU-Z and compare its specs with Gigabyte's GPU specs or click on GPU-Z upper right icon under "LOOKUP" and see if they are the same.

Sounds like your PSU fan is going bad and your PSU is overheating. Which probably mean that it is a good chance it isn't outputting proper voltages to your Motherboard and hardware when it is overheating. This improper voltage could damage your PC hardware.

Make sure that the PSU is where you are hearing the noises and that the PSU is very hot to the touch before replacing it.

My wife's PSU fan stopped (OEM PSU from Ibuypower PC)  working and the PSU burnt up. Replaced it with a Corsair 850 Watt PSU and now everything is working great again for my wife's PC.

0 Likes