cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CagyTrain
Journeyman III

Is SOYO affiliated with AMD?

I'm thinking of getting a graphics card for my PC, because I have Ryzen 5 4650G Vega 7 Graphics.

I saw a RX580 8GB 2048SP and I liked it, but it was sold by "SOYO". I saw it on Aliexpress and I'd like to know if this is a rebrand or somehow affiliated with AMD or if I shouldn't buy it from this seller.

This is the link: SOYO RX580 8GB 2048SP - Aliexpress

There's also some other brands like "ELSA", "KINDLOGY" or "MLLSE".

There's also a lot of fakes in Aliexpress, so I don't know if these are the real stores.

Sorry if my english is bad, I'm spanish.

0 Likes
1 Reply

The RX580 2046SP is actually a RX 570 GPU card with a slightly different speed made only for the Chinese Market.

From Tom's Hardware review: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/5-year-old-radeon-rx-580-2048sp-gets-16gb-vram-upgrade

We don't blame you if you've never heard of the Radeon RX 580 2048SP. It is a China-exclusive SKU, after all, and far from being able to compete with the best graphics cards. However, a Chinese manufacturer has breathed new life into the five-year-old Radeon RX 580 2048SP.

AMD China released the Radeon RX 580 2048SP in 2018, so the Polaris 20-based graphics card is a bit long in the tooth. While the Radeon RX 580 2048SP sounds cool because of the model name, it was, in essence, a rebranded Radeon RX 570 8GB with a moderately higher boost clock. The Radeon RX 580 2048SP may seem like a dud, but it sells pretty well in the Chinese market, so manufacturers still love it after all these years.