cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NTurnbullJr
Adept II

Is it possible to change the primary display in B550-A Pro BIOS?

I have a MSI B550-A Pro motherboard with a 5600G (integrated Graphics) using 2 monitors. One is a monitor connected to the HDMI port and the other is a TV connected thru an HDMI to Display Port adapter. I would like the BIOS setting screen to come up on the HDMI port and cannot find a setting that would allow me to do that. Can I accomplish this somehow?

0 Likes
1 Solution

In order to get the BIOS to use my monitor, I had to unplug (not just power off), my TV monitor. Things sure would be a lot easier if MSI would simply provide an option in the BIOS rather than jist using the first display that responds.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to Windows Settings - Display and make your PC Monitor the Main Default Display.

If you get a black screen without any video output during POST but you do get video output when Windows starts loading that would indicate your HDMI Monitor is not compatible in BIOS being set to UEFI Mode.

It is a good chance if you set BIOS to CSM Mode (Legacy) your PC Monitor might have video output during POST.

I have 2 LG 4K Monitors (One going bad and the brand new one) and none will have video outputs in any video port (DP & HDMI) during POST while my BIOS is set in UEFI Mode. But I do have video output during POST to my Samsung 2k smart TV using HDMI connection.

Thanks for replying. MY BIOS is set to CSM and I don't have a problem when booting into Windows. I can set either display to primary and they both work fine. I should have stated in my original post that I do not have a GPU card and I only have the integrated graphics of the 5600G CPU. It seems it only wants to use the display port as the "BIOS display". I can't find an an option the BIOS (or some other way) to make it use the HDMI port as BIOS primary. Any ideas? I haven't tried just switching the monitors around on the ports because I don't have the appropriate connectors.

0 Likes

In order to get the BIOS to use my monitor, I had to unplug (not just power off), my TV monitor. Things sure would be a lot easier if MSI would simply provide an option in the BIOS rather than jist using the first display that responds.