cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Moist
Adept III

Giving up on the 7900XTX

Ok I've been posting on the board in and out of issues since I got my 7900XTX. At first after about a week of trouble shooting everything and the kitchen sink I finally got the card stable with my LG CX 55' TV rather than my Alienware 2721D main monitor. Then grabbed the drivers for that monitor directly from dell and hooked it up for a minute or two thinking the problems were solved. Super great all I have to do now is have time to move everything back hook up my main monitor again and I'm set for an awesome weekend of gaming right? Nope! The hard crashes with the drivers reverting to windows basic display drivers was back in full force right after rearranging and moving my TV. I understand there's always issues on any tech when it comes out the old early adopter tax so to speak. This however is just unacceptable. I'm beyond tired of trouble shooting a faulty product and to top it off I'm now having issues even getting started with the warranty/return request on this unfinished thing. It's a real shame because I waiting and was super excited to have this and the amount of work and time wasted and frustration simply because they rushed it out before it was even close to done is just incredibly sad. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
PHEASER
Adept I

I got the Same issues. Seems i fixed it by accident. After the adrenaline stresstest and no crashes, I installed aida64 to check the stresstest there. Before I started the stresstest, Aida told me that some system-settings must be changed in order to nothing crashes during stresstest. I clicked ok and after that, system runs without crashes and no temperature issues. Was pretty weird but it fixed the problems for me... 

Just wanted to mention this, in hope it can fix it for u too. I know the feeling of this struggle. I was very close to just buy a 4090 instead...

Beste wishes!

Moist
Adept III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntZxwPyUix4 This is my issue if anybody wants to see I wouldn't even have time to load Aida 64.

0 Likes

Video is set to private 

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

what's the link between "windows reinstalling driver problem" and "faulty product" .. there is option to disable this in windows as i remember. or a tool. happened to me , didn't take long to solve .. this issue is well known and take 2 minutes, and once again not sure it's all on amd .....

no wanting to be condescending but , pc is no game consoles, you change hardware , so you have things to know, and even game consoles have problems sometime .. pc is about patience sometime lol , or you have to pay someone who knows how to do it

for myself i litteraly forbid windows to do updates without i say it to do .. (no other option than to disable them for 5 weeks , but seems sufficient, i enable it when i have time to restart my computer, i when i think i could check some updates )

and concerning drivers there is a microsoft tool to "hide" updates to disable them i think or you have other options, but as i remember this hiding to resolve this fast

i just avoid to touch to windows registry not to had problem that i can't reverse, and same for changing registry through powershell commands... 

0 Likes