cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

steve-koller-finelli
Journeyman III

Intermittent output to television

Hi there!...Very new here and I am by no means a graphics card professional.

With that out of the way, I am having an intermittent problem with a TV connected to my AMD Radeon Pro W5700.  I currently have 3 Dell monitors and 1 Vizio TV connected, all of which connect with mini display port to HDMI cables. The 3 dell monitors always connect just fine. The Vizio is a bit more stubborn... Sometimes it connects just fine, sometimes it connects but the resolution is funky, and sometimes it is just not recognized at all. If I change the input on the TV and then change it back, sometimes that will fix it. Not sure if I'm missing a setting somewhere? It puzzles me because it seems so random. 

I have swapped cables, and that had no effect. I have tried different inputs on tv, no effect. i have swapped outputs on graphics card, no effect.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Got kinda the same issue with my TV, 2 monitors are working great but when I turn on the third one it doesn't connect properly in most cases.

0 Likes
kristaevans
Journeyman III

Try to connect the TVs one by one on a different line, so you will see that the device causes this kind of problem. If it doesn't help, maybe you should look on the internet. Maybe you will need to replace one of the devices because of the software conflict. For example, I can suggest you look for good tech guides at the Multitechverse site. Usually, when I have tech-related problems, I find a good solution at the site I mentioned above. They have a lot of useful guides regarding multiple problems with device connection and proper device setup instructions.

0 Likes