cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tyrese
Journeyman III

Hz

I have an AMD Ryzen 580 2048SP and for some reason I cannot change my framerate. This is my first time having a Pc and I'm trying to figure out why I can't change my framerate

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500

16GB of memory

0 Likes
5 Replies

FYI: The AMD RX580 2048SP is a Rebranded RX570 made for the Chinese market.

Otherwise someone else with gaming experience might be able to help you if you were to provide more information.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Can you help us a bit more?

What do you mean change framerate, limiting it to a fixed value? 

If so, inside adrenalin you should have a frame limiter or Radeon chill to keep it between a certain range.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

My framerate is being capped at 60Hz in the settings and I can't change it, The only port in my pc is a DVI

0 Likes

First what is the Hz of your Monitor?

Second here is information concerning DVI Maximum Resolutions and Hz: https://www.bluecinetech.co.uk/dvi-maximum-resolution-and-refresh-rate/

DVI Maximum Resolution and Refresh Rate

DVI-D dual-link has a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2400 at a 30 Hz refresh rate.

At 2560 x 1600 resolution, DVI-D dual link can support 60 Hz. Lowering the resolution even further to 1920 x 1080, and DVI-D dual link can support a refresh rate of 144 Hz.

DVI-D single link has a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600 at 30 Hz. To reach 60 Hz on a DVI-D single link, set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 or lower.

Bear in mind, the maximum output resolution will depend on the device creating the signal. Graphics cards can usually output a wide range of resolutions, with the older models being limited to 4K.

However, if the DVI port is connected directly to your motherboard, the resolution output may be much lower. The maximum output will also be affected by the quality and length of the DVI cable.

Later on in this post, I’ll walk through the maximum resolutions, refresh rates, and bandwidth limits of each type of DVI.

It is a good chance that it is your DVI connection that is limiting you to 60 hz.

never mind I found out that I have to play on 1024x768 resolution just to up my refresh rate I can barely see my screen but at least I can use my refresh rate.

0 Likes