cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

datastorm
Journeyman III

How do I get Adrenaline to record a gameplay session in a higher resolution than 1920x1080

Hi, 

My display(s) only go as high as 1920x1080.

How do I get Adrenaline to record a gameplay session in a higher resolution than what my display will support.  So that I can upload the gameplay session to YT at a higher quality.  So that I can enjoy it later on when I purchase a better display?  

Isn't there a way to spoof recording of 1440p or 4K (2160p) resolutions off to hard desk for a gameplay session while I'm playing.  I realize this may slow down performance, I get that.

Troubleshooting performed:

I enabled super resolution in Adrenaline but when I launch the game, I get a message in the analytics box that says "RADEON SUPER RESOLUTION INACTIVE" with a yellow and black exclamation mark.

0 Likes
2 Replies

With RSR you lower resolution in game, then it rescales to native (improve performance).

You want to use VSR to upscale (change to higher than native resolution in game), at the cost of performance.

I don't record/upload, someone else can probably offer their findings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I got it. 

In Adrenaline, go to Record & Stream > Settings > Under the Recording Section select  Recording Resolution and set it there.  

Tested and appears to work. 

0 Likes