cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

devrayn24
Journeyman III

How can I force Windows to use my AMD graphics card and not my Intel (AIO Desktop System)

I purchased an All-In-One PC three months ago with the intent to use it for video game design and development, but I am having serious issues with my PC when it comes to launching and running IDEs and Game Engines (Such as Unity, Godot, O3DE, and Unreal).

My specs include:

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4785T CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • Primary GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M360
  • Secondary GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
  • RAM: 16GB (With a 6GB page file; total of 21GB of Virtual Memory)

Any time I alt-tab, the game engine I am working in freezes and crashes due to a "swap chain" type error, where the system seems to be trying to switch between the Intel chipset and the AMD chipset. I want the PC to only use the AMD graphics card, and not the Intel. All of my drivers are up to date, and my windows drivers are also up to date, so it isn't that.

I also have issues trying to launch most game engines in the first place, which I believe to be due to the same issue; when Windows is attempting to create the window that the game engine is in, there seems to be an issue with it switching between windows due to the multiple graphics cards.

Is there any way to force Windows to acknowledge ONLY the AMD graphics card, and completely ignore the Intel one? Or is the issue that this PC is not powerful enough to handle game development? (It runs games just fine, most of the time, so long as the required DirectX version isn't above 11.)

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hope you only paid $10 for it, last driver for 360m was 2022 on Win.10.

There was an old guide (search the web), where intel graphics driver must be updated first, then amd driver.

Or use the last supplied combined driver package from the AIO maker.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-pavilion-27-n100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/model/85...

So, I found this webpage after a bit of searching, and it has a ton of drivers listed on it for my PC... does anybody know if I should just download the newest version for all the drivers listed on this page, or will installing too many drivers at once mess up my PC further? (This is apparently the official site for my PC's manufacturer.)

EDIT: After some reading, I realize that there are FOUR different drivers for this PC's graphics cards? o.O Three of them are Intel, one of them is AMD... do I need all four of these? Also, I am going to download only the Graphics drivers and the Chipset driver (which I assume means CPU driver)... will this be enough to fix my issue?

0 Likes