cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

julsuperfly
Journeyman III

High CPU usage but low GPU usage rx 7700 xt i5 12400f

Hey, my problem is that I have high cpu usage but low gpu usage. For example in Fortnite my cpu is used 100% and my gpu 60 - 70% on low settings DX12. I‘m getting 150 - 200 fps and I think that‘s too low for this gpu. Because looking at another pc with a rx 7700 xt and a ryzen 5 7600f  it’s getting more than 300 fps. Idk if my configuration is just a huge bottleneck or somethings wrong with my driver, windows etc. I did a full driver reinstallation, changed to high power mode, tweaked a few settings in the driver software, etc. Nothing changed.

My Pc:

i5 12400f

rx 7700 xt

gigabyte b660 gaming x ddr4

16gb 3000mhz ram

650 watt psu

0 Likes
1 Reply
Farcuen
Adept III

Hi, @julsuperfly.

From what you describe it is possible that the CPU bottlenecking the GPU and that's why you lose FPS, usually computer must have a sort of Synergie, where they have to work together but never stay at 100%.

Usually when a GPU have an heavy load, stay around 90 to 99% but hardly touch the 100% of course also depends on the calculation power of your GPU.

Now the first thing you have to do is identify the motive of your bottlenecking, like:

• The CPU is to weak compared the GPU.
  • The game is GPU or CPU resource hungry (for example RTS game or FPS usually use more CPU), some times the load is different.
  • Check if the bottleneck is not caused by some bugged software or RGB software (usually this kind of software can cause some issue, also the utility provided on the motherboard site).
  • Also check if the CPU usage is high only on demanding game or task, and not every time also in IDLE.

This video also give you some information about the Bottleneck:

Let me know,

Kind regards

Farcuen

0 Likes