cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rmswenson747
Journeyman III

help with 3 monitors on AMD Radeon 7570

Help… I am having trouble with the 3 monitor setup on an AMD Radeon 7570.  Some background… 3 MONITORS DO WORK under the following config… 

7570 DP output ---> DP/VGA converter ---> DELL 1708FP monitor VGA

7570 HDMI output -> HDMI/VGA converter -> ASUS-VS197 monitor VGA

7570 DVI output --> DVI/VGA converter --> DELL 1708FP monitor VGA

The issue was that the Dell 1708FP displays were very muted/soft with bad contrast, and I wanted to try to use the DVI inputs that they have available.  (the ASUS monitor is VGA only).

So, I configured it this way, using amazon converter cables for the DP and HDMI outputs

AmazonBasics HL-007348 HDMI to DVI Output Adapter Cable - 10 Feet

AmazonBasics DisplayPort to DVI Cable - 10 Feet

The config looked like this…

7570 DP output ---> DP/DVI cable ------> DELL 1708FP monitor DVI

7570 HDMI output -> HDMI/DVI cable ----> DELL 1708FP monitor DVI

7570 DVI output --> DVI/VGA converter -> ASUS-VS197 monitor VGA

I had the classic “only 2 monitors at a time” problem.  If I removed any monitor, the other 2 worked.  When all 3 were connected, only 2 worked.  I tried every possible config I could think of, using different converters and putting the ASUS VGA on different ports.  Couldn’t get rid of the 2 monitors only issue.

Research indicated I needed an ACTIVE DP to VGA converter, as opposed to a passive one.  So, I ordered this…

X-Lent DisplayPort to VGA Active Adapter DP to VGA Male to Female Converter

Reviews and comments on the Amazon site indicated that yes, this X-Lent adapter was indeed an active converter.  So, when it arrived, I configured this way…

7570 DP output ---> ACTIVE DP/VGA converter -> ASUS-VS197 monitor VGA

7570 HDMI output -> HDMI/DVI cable ----------> DELL 1708FP monitor DVI

7570 DVI output --> DVI/DVI cable -----------> DELL 1708FP monitor DVI

Same issue, only 2 monitors at a time.  Any suggestions?  I don’t know what to do next…

0 Likes
1 Reply
Thanny
Miniboss

That should work if it is, indeed, an active adapter.  At $8, you'll just have to call me skeptical on that count.

0 Likes