Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PastelBabe
Journeyman III

having a graphic driver issue

IMG_5867.jpeg

soooo, i don't know what i'm doing wrong. i was having issues with not being able to play any games, and my friend suggested i follow this link from amd ( https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 ) to reinstall my graphic driver. i got to the part where i had to select the 'yes' option to reboot my pc into safemode ... and now i can't use my pc. it booted back to the login screen, with the default blue background. i can't interact with anything anymore. i can't use my keyboard or my mouse, and i've restarted my pc numerous times. am i messing something up? i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Forerunner

Safe Mode boots Windows into a minimal environment so that there are not a lot of apps and drivers being loaded into memory.

If you are using a keyboard and mouse that require apps or drivers to operate, (such as wireless keyboard/mouse) or through the front panel connected via the chipset, they likely won't work. You will need to connect a wired keyboard/mouse direct to the motherboard I/O panel.

If you just want to avoid booting into Safe Mode at this point, continue pressing F8 as the PC boots to get into the Windows boot menu where you should be able to choose to boot normally.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes