cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SRL2112
Journeyman III

Grapics cards and drivers, radeon wattman unexpected system failure.

Hello, in the last few weeks since the latest AMD software: adrenalin edition, update (23.9.3); every time I turn on my computer (desk pc) it appears a notification that says "Default performance tunning settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure."

Searching for a solution it only appears to disabled fast start up, and I have it disabled since the begining and i don´t use any overcloking softwares not even de msi center one.

I need a solution to this problem.

I have a RX 6600XT 12gb

Greetings

0 Likes
3 Solutions
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, the Fast Start Up was disabled through windows settings right? Not the BIOS option. Check the options below and see if any of them works.

Also try uninstalling the GPU driver from device manager, then do a DDU cleanup in windows Safe mode and reinstall the downloaded AMD Adrenalin. Disable Display Driver Update by windows on, Advanced System Setting - System Properties - Hardware - Device Installation Settings. So windows won't update any other driver automatically and make it obsolete.

Else try the same process but install the Previous Version of Adrenalin. Maybe the new driver has some issues.

If the system files are corrupted and not working properly, this Radeon WattMan crash error can occur too, not the restart error. Though still you can try a system files repair.

Run Command Prompt as administrator and use the given commands below
dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

After the process completes and close the window, Open back CMD and type SFC /scannow to check the integrity of system files.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

i've also been having the same issues and all what you have listed to fix the issue it's still occuring you guys needs to get in contact with microsoft to figure out why there new KB patches and security updates is causing this ongoing issue i've had any issues before hand.

0 Likes
Don_Gotti502
Adept I

i wouldn't waste any time addressing this issue i've contacted amd directly with the same trouble shoot options listed below also was told by a technical support person that no one had this issue when there has been tons of reddit and amd community post about this issue in the last 10 months     

0 Likes
5 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, the Fast Start Up was disabled through windows settings right? Not the BIOS option. Check the options below and see if any of them works.

Also try uninstalling the GPU driver from device manager, then do a DDU cleanup in windows Safe mode and reinstall the downloaded AMD Adrenalin. Disable Display Driver Update by windows on, Advanced System Setting - System Properties - Hardware - Device Installation Settings. So windows won't update any other driver automatically and make it obsolete.

Else try the same process but install the Previous Version of Adrenalin. Maybe the new driver has some issues.

If the system files are corrupted and not working properly, this Radeon WattMan crash error can occur too, not the restart error. Though still you can try a system files repair.

Run Command Prompt as administrator and use the given commands below
dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

After the process completes and close the window, Open back CMD and type SFC /scannow to check the integrity of system files.

0 Likes

i've also been having the same issues and all what you have listed to fix the issue it's still occuring you guys needs to get in contact with microsoft to figure out why there new KB patches and security updates is causing this ongoing issue i've had any issues before hand.

0 Likes

Hello thanks for the answer.

To this day i no longer have issues with de software, i think is because of some updates of the msi center software and the recent 23.10.2 update of the AMD adrenalin.

So i think is running ok now.

Thank you!

Don_Gotti502
Adept I

i wouldn't waste any time addressing this issue i've contacted amd directly with the same trouble shoot options listed below also was told by a technical support person that no one had this issue when there has been tons of reddit and amd community post about this issue in the last 10 months     

0 Likes

Microsoft doing this to force us to get window 11 

0 Likes