Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Welshy
Journeyman III

Graphics Card Not Detected - "display driver has failed to load" error

I have a Radeon RX 7900 XT.

On startup today I was greeted with a black screen. Upon further investigation, I found that my monitors plugged into the graphics card were not detecting any signal; plugging them into the motherboard revealed that the computer had loaded as normal. However, Adrenaline does not detect the graphics card in the system tab, I am running off the motherboard's default driver. The card is listed under the display adaptors in device manager - disabling and re-enabling the driver causes AMD Bug Report to nearly instantly detect a bug that "the display driver has failed to load".

I have reinstalled the drivers multiple times using AMD's installer, including factory reset, and clean installation using AMD Cleanup beforehand. Every time I reinstall, the installer detects the 7900 XT as being present, and requiring repair, but every time I do so the Bug Report appears before the installation is finished, and Windows disables the device. I have examined the cabling and connection to the computer, and all seems correct - everything was working fine without issue yesterday, and there is no reason for any cable to have come loose.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this - I have not found any answers online. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Is there any code shown in the device manager?

0 Likes

It'll show up as Code 43 after restart. If I then disable + re-enable, or reinstall the drivers, the status changes to "working properly" - though it clearly isn't, as Adrenaline is still using the integrated graphics, and doesn't detect the card, and AMD Bug Report flags an issue.

0 Likes

With Code 43 just RMA it if you can.

0 Likes

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version available - no change.

0 Likes