Asus rog strix Rtx 2080 super

32gb corsair vengence rgb pro cl 16 3600

asus rog strix Lc 360 cooler

1T samsung 970 Evo plus

Evga super nova 1000watt

i want to upgrade my graphic card so 

what should i get ? 

1 Solution

both seem to be shaping up to be massive cards at the top end. 4090 with over benchmark score 90% higher than a 3090, and a possible 4090ti pulling 165fps+ in control at 4k.

haven't seen as much info on the 7900xt with with all the talk of MCM chip design, ML for a possible FSR 3.0 , lower TDP than NVidia counter parts. also with rumours of 4 times the ray tracing performance of a 6900xt would be huge if true. obviously this doesn't scale linearly, so even if its more like say 2.5 times faster raytracing in real world that would give CB2077 full ultra full raytracing, around 120-140fps(?) compared to my 6900xt at around 45-55fps

TBH I'm more looking at AMD here, you know its going to be cheaper than team green as always, its supposedly a even bigger performance jump than 3090>4090, supposedly using less power.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

If you can wait a few more months, you might find some pretty nice performance increases over the current 'top tier' video cards.  Are you in a rush to replace your current video card?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

agree i'm not in rush

but how prices will be when they first release

and which gpu's you talking about?

Nvidia or AMD?

0 Likes

both seem to be shaping up to be massive cards at the top end. 4090 with over benchmark score 90% higher than a 3090, and a possible 4090ti pulling 165fps+ in control at 4k.

haven't seen as much info on the 7900xt with with all the talk of MCM chip design, ML for a possible FSR 3.0 , lower TDP than NVidia counter parts. also with rumours of 4 times the ray tracing performance of a 6900xt would be huge if true. obviously this doesn't scale linearly, so even if its more like say 2.5 times faster raytracing in real world that would give CB2077 full ultra full raytracing, around 120-140fps(?) compared to my 6900xt at around 45-55fps

TBH I'm more looking at AMD here, you know its going to be cheaper than team green as always, its supposedly a even bigger performance jump than 3090>4090, supposedly using less power.