cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rm47
Adept I

GPU - no BIOS or windows on any screen after upgrade

Background: I got a replacement 6800 after the first got crashing during high-end sections of gameplay. In the meantime, I went back to Nivida 1070.

I'm now at a point where I'm unable to get anything on screen to install the new driver. If I disconnect re re-connect any of the HDMI or DP the monitors do flash for a second (like recognising a signal change) before saying no signal.

Before installing the new GPU I used DDU to clean the Nvidia drivers. When the first install of AMD card did not work I went back to Nvidia and had to same problem as I do with AMD, however I was able to sort it by plugging in an old DVI cable to install the drivers bringing Windows screen back to the other 2 monitors.

However, my 6800 does not have this and I'm not sure what to do. I have tried to install AMD drivers before putting the new card it but the install will not let me.

I have tried different HDMI DP ports and left it running to see if an auto-install would happen but so far no luck! Both cables look fine and all fans spinning but not sure what I can do to fix it

0 Likes
4 Replies

Can you post your PC hardware and how each monitor is connected and how many monitors and how they are connected plus Windows and AMD Driver versions.

0 Likes
rm47
Adept I

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz

RAm - 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable).

1x HDMI

2x Displayport

AMD drivers, no drivers as nothing shows up on screen allowing me to install.

Windows 10 - latest version

0 Likes

For the time being just connect one Monitor until you start getting video output again.

Sometimes, some Monitors will not have video output during POST or when booting up but it is still booting into Windows. Once Windows starts then you start having Video Output even without any graphic drivers installed. Windows uses its own generic Basic Display driver until you install your own Graphic driver.

When you get a black screen make sure that none of your Motherboard's Trouble LED (CPU, RAM, GPU, System) are lit which would indicate that it stopped booting up due to a hardware issue or you don't hear a sequence of Beeps from your motherboard's speakers. Normally you just hear one Beep indicating that it is booting into Windows.

Even though you have no Video output look at your PC HDD/SDD LED light. If it is flickering or on solid that is indicating that it is booting into windows.

Also don't use any Converter adapters and just connect HDMI to HDMI or DP to DP to eliminate adapter issues.

Try connect a different monitor to see if you get any video outputs on any of them by themselves. If you have a TV set with a DP or HDMI input port connect that and see if your get video output.

NOTE: Make & Model of your Motherboard, GPU card, and AMD Driver you are trying to install. You left out the most important hardware information.

0 Likes
rm47
Adept I

Hi, i managed to fix it, i tried everything including logging in via Teamviewer to access the PC after ruling everything out I googled that someone else had a similar issue and it was that the bios switch on the GPU was set to middle (2) rather than 1.

I flicked it back and fixed it instantly.