cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NightmarePogg
Journeyman III

Good GPU for working on linux with blender

Hello, I wanna buy a new GPU and I wanna switch on arch linux soon. I am pretty experienced user with linux and I love it. But I would like to change my GPU

Currectly I have GTX 1650 and I work a lot with blender sooo its not ideal.

my other componets are 650W PSU, ryzen 5700, 32GB 3200MHz RAM and B550 motherboard

I don't really know what gpu should I choose, I though about radeon rx 7900 xtx but i've heard it's too expensive for that price and I just don't know, can you help guys?

Thanks for any advice!

1 Solution
kn100
Journeyman III

So, Blender just uses OpenGL so basically any GPU from the last 10 years will work. I personally feel the 6700xt/7700xt is a really nice price to performance point, and the 6700xt can be had in the second hand market for a absolute bargain. That would be a fairly sizeable upgrade from what you have currently.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
kn100
Journeyman III

So, Blender just uses OpenGL so basically any GPU from the last 10 years will work. I personally feel the 6700xt/7700xt is a really nice price to performance point, and the 6700xt can be had in the second hand market for a absolute bargain. That would be a fairly sizeable upgrade from what you have currently.

0 Likes