Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MrBillEE
Journeyman III

Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 Display Port screens going black for 3 to 4 seconds

Hello,

Here is solution I found to fix my problem.

I just built a brand-new system and ended up having the the black screen problem. I scoured the internet and found several potential solutions. I tried everything I found and nothing worked. I finally figured out, almost by accident, the solutions was nowhere else that I had found.

The cause of the problem turned out to be the Bluetooth driver for the onboard Bluetooth built into the motherboard. I found it because I was also using a Bluetooth keyboard. Every so often, the keyboard would lose its connection and there turned out to be an error message in Event Viewer that the keyboard had gone out of range. Around the same time the keyboard lost connection, one of the DisplayPort monitors would go black for a few seconds.

I disabled the Intel Bluetooth adapter on the motherboard Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R), Driver Provider: Intel, Driver Date: 1/16/2024, Driver Version: 23.30.0.3. Once it was disabled, I no longer have issues with the screen going black for 3-4 seconds randomly.

I had a TP Link Bluetooth Dongle that I inserted and updated with TP Link drivers so I could use the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse I have.

It has been working fine for some time now with no black screens or the keyboard losing connection. While I am not 100% sure, I am going to say the Intel driver is the problem. I will try a new driver when the next release comes out.

My system is as follows, all the latest drivers and BIOS were installed as of this response when the issue was occurring:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700K 3.40 GHz

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H Gaming (WiFi 6E)

Graphics: GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6600 EAGLE 8G Graphics Card

Monitor: 4x Sceptre Z27 (3840x2160)

Good Luck!!!

MrBill.. .. .

0 Likes
0 Replies