cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Feature Request: Could AMD Fluid Motion technology also work for VR Games?

Hello dear AMD Team,

i would like to ask you if it's theorethically possible to run Fluid Motion also in VR where half of the Frames are rendered ones and the other ones being synthezised ones? I imagine it could have less artifacts when playing VR with AFMF than SteamVR's old Motion Reprojection method which isn't an AI-based training model method for Interpolating frames. Do you have any plans or motivation to try and test if AFMF could also work for VR applications. I don't know exactly how AFMF works in it's core and i am not quite sure if it could also function on vsync enabled devices without variable refresh rate technologies. Let's say it could produce much better interpolated frames would you be willing to get in touch with the SteamVR Developers at Valve for integrating AFMF within the SteamVR application enviroment? I imagine i could select which method of Frame Interpolation i would like to use within the SteamVR options. So i can easly select to half the Framerate and choose to enable "always on" AFMF to interpolate to 90fps/hz refresh rate?

I think AFMF can be great for VR Users because we could target higher image quality instead, well of course at least when it's artifact free.

Greetings and have a nice day.

0 Likes
0 Replies