Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

senorhames
Journeyman III

Freezing/Stuttering while recording/streaming

Hey Guys,

Not sure where to begin. The issue that I am having is that with my 6900XT, I cannot stream or record game clips. I have another system with a 11700k/6700xt that gives me zero issues and another with a 5950x/3090 that is also issue free. Hard to explain but in discord, I cannot stream my game in tarkov during a raid or any other game. I also can't record clips as the clips non stop stutter and freeze. I am at a loss. I will list the setup below and things that I have tried.

MSI Gaming X Trio 6900XT
ASrock Z690 Steel Legend D5
DDR5 6400 CL32 32gb
Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe
Evga 1200w PSU Platinum
Hardloop with two radiators (360mm and 280mm)
CPU and GPU both have a water block
Windows 11 Pro

Thermals are fine (GPU hits 55-65c under max load, CPU 75-85 at 5.3ghz)
Tried E Cores enabled and disabled
Tried with SAM ON and SAM OFF
RAGE MODE ON and RAGE MODE OFF
Bios Reset
Reinstalled Windows 11
Driver Rollback to WHQL drivers and the most recent onces as of last night
Driver change to Pro Drivers Q2 2022
Freesync On, FreeSync Off
Overclocking the GPU, Unclocking the GPU
Custom Bios on the GPU, Restoring the Factory bios on the GPU
Limiting Frame rates and uncapping frame rates
Changing resolutions from 4k, 1440p, 1080p, 720p

I am out of ideas and I'm pulling my hair out. I can stream in discord at maybe 1-10fps with constant stutters under any load; making it nauseating to watch and I can't record a single clip in game without it being the choppiest thing ever.

I have tried changing Overwolf Outplayed Encoding from using the GPU, iGPU, and the CPU. None change anything.

However, the GPU works perfectly in game. I get a stable 144fps in 4k Ultra settings in Apex. Warzone, it is normally over 200FPS in 4k. In 1440p, it maxes out Apex's game engine at 299fps and does around 400fps in 1440p in warzone.

Please help if you have ANY ideas. I spent 6 hours on this last night with no avail.

0 Likes
1 Reply
jbona
Journeyman III

Hello ! I'm having very similar issues with a 6700xt. Was there ever a solution to this issue?

0 Likes